The Bridge on The River Kwai
Just a bit over 120 kilometers from Bangkok, to the northwest, is a city called Kanchanaburi, located along a junction of rivers, including the Meklang, which is better known as Menam Kwae or the River Kwai. There is a rather awkward-looking railway bridge over the river with gently arched spans reaching out from each shore and with two central, sharply angled spans completing the bridge in the middle.
Limestone caves, hill tribe villages and beautiful waterfalls in the vicinity all help to make this one of the most fascinating destinations to visit from Bangkok.
Highlights & Activities
- Riverside Hotel & River Raft Resorts
- Adventurous Team Building Activities, Football with Hill tribes
- Cycling, Bamboo Rafting, Canoeing, Elephant Safari, Off Roading
- River Trips, Jungle Trekking, Nature Exploration, Wildlife Safari
- Natural Parks, Waterfalls & Caves
- Historical Train Ride, World War II Museum
- Cocktail & Rafting Massages
- Jungle Theme Dinners
- Proximity to Bangkok and Cha Am/Hua Hin Beach Resort