The City of Angels
Bangkok the Capital of Thailand is undoubtedly the most exciting and interesting city to visit in all of Asia. Though you may find that Bangkok has become a very modern city in every sense of the word with high-rises, sky trains and subway systems, but you will also find that many of the fascinating ways of the original settlers are still in vogue - adding to the charm of the city.
For example you will still find food vendors, what we call Thai Fast Food, plying virtually every street of the city serving up a quick and economical meal to office workers, laborers and millionaires alike. (Normally a vendor will serve only one particular dish (specialty), there to enjoy a full meal of several dishes including desserts one would be served by several vendors!). Water taxis and water busses still ply the river and canals serving commuters from suburban residential areas to the inner city, and for those who simply want to get from A to B using the fastest mode of transport, after the motorcycle taxi of course. Floating markets is still a normal way of obtaining daily needs of the people living along, or even on these waterways. So, as you see, Bangkok may be a big city, but our Thai culture and customs are still very evident everywhere you look.
Highlights & Activities
- Aviation Hub for Southeast Asia and Indochina
- Best Hotels in the World
- Fine Dining in a variety of atmospheres from Gardens, Traditional, Modern, River Cruises and Open Rooftop Restaurants
- Sightseeing Opportunities from Canal Trips, Golden Temples, Exotic Palaces, Floating Markets, River Trips & More
- Great Shopping in Air-conditioned Malls to Open Air Markets & Bazaars
- Entertainment options include Thai Classical Dance shows, Thai boxing, Thai puppetry and a vast variety of International Events
- Theme Evenings in Historical Buildings & Non Traditional Venues
- Modern Convention Centers and World Class Conferencing Venues
- Sporting Activities from Golfing, Grand Prix Go Karting
- Traditional Massages & Spas
- Parks of All Shapes & Sizes from AmusementParks, Public Parks, Safari Parks and Water Parks
- Exotic Nightlife & Red-light Areas
- Exciting Public Transportation options from Sky Trains, Subways, Tuk Tuk’s, River Taxis, Motorbike Taxi’s & Much More
- Availability of Modern Infrastructure & Communication
- Safe, Friendly and Always Exhilarating!